BY TAYLOR WADE
Chicago Restaurant Week is back for it's ninth year! Over 350 restaurants take part in this multi-cultural dining extravaganza, including 54 new participants this year. There are multiple cuisines to choose from and many neighborhoods to explore. Take your pick from Italian, French, Spanish, Korean, and Thai cuisine (just to name a few) in downtown hotspots or across the suburbs. This is your chance to try top fare at value pricing. Prix fixe menus start at $22 for lunch and $33 and/or $44 for dinner (excluding beverages, tax and gratuity).
This experience lasts a total of 14 days, kicking off with First Bites Bash (see below) on January 21st and lasting until February 4th. Make your reservations early to ensure a spot!
Here's how it works:
- Browse the list of Chicago Restaurant Week participants
- Check out their special lunch/dinner menu offerings
- Make your reservations early to ensure you have a seat at the table
What is First Bites Bash?
First Bites Bash is the official kick-off event for the ninth annual Chicago Restaurant Week produced by Choose Chicago. Come enjoy savory and sweet tastings from more than 50 of Chicago’s most celebrated chefs and restaurants, including chef Tony Priolo of Piccolo Sogno and Piccolo Sogno Due. Toast to the city’s culinary scene with beer, wine, and cocktail pairings from Goose Island Beer Company, Terlato Wines International, and spirit partners. A portion of proceeds benefits the Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation.
Where: Great Hall at Union Station, 500 W. Jackson St.
When: January 21st, 2016 from 5:30 - 8:30PM
First Bites Bash Restaurant & Beverage Partners
Sample and sip your way through a night of delicious tastings. All chefs and restaurants are Chicago Restaurant Week participants and will be previewing a select dish from their special prix-fixe menu. An array of beer, wine and cocktail pairings from Goose Island Beer Co, Terlato Wines International and several leading spirits round out the offerings. Check back in January for a sneak peek of the full menu.
a tavolaOsteria La Madia
Bar PastoralPiccolo Sogno
Bull & BearQuartino Ristorante & Wine Bar
Devon Seafood GrillShaw's Crab House
Dine RestaurantSouth Branch
Farmhouse ChicagoState and Lake Chicago Tavern
Filini RestaurantSummer House Santa Monica
Gibsons Bar & SteakhouseTapas Valencia
IntroTavern on Rush
Ixcateco Grilltesori trattoria and bar
JellyfishTexas De Brazil
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone CrabThe Berghoff Restaurant
KinmontThe Grill on the Alley
Labriola ChicagoThe Signature Room at the 95th
May Street CafeThe Windsor
Mon Ami Gabi Lincoln ParkVirgin Hotels
Odyssey Cruises ChicagoWicker Park Seafood & Sushi Bar
BEER, WINE, SPIRITS & BEVERAGES
Goose Island Beer Co.
Terlato Wines International
Langley's No. 8 Gin
Don Pancho Origenes Rum (Panama)
Metric Coffee Co.
First Bites Bash Details
- Tickets on sale online at firstbitesbash.eventbrite.com.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Must be 21 years or older with valid photo identification to be admitted to First Bites Bash.
- Doors at Union Station will open at 5:30 pm – PLEASE NOTE that guests must use the Jackson Street entrance.
- Bring a printed ticket or have your mobile ticket ready to scan at the door.
- Parking: Entrance to the self-park parking garage is located on S. Canal St. between Van Buren & Jackson on the west side of the street. For a map and driving directions, click here.
- Business or cocktail party attire is suggested.
- Complimentary coat check is located upon entering Jackson St. entrance, with a second location at the bottom of the stairs after check-in.