This dish is so light, refreshing, and incredibly simple to make! This chicken salad recipe is the best I've had, complete with grapes and walnuts. It's perfect if you are heading to a picnic, potluck, or want to whip up a light lunch or dinner. You basically throw all of these ingredients into a huge bowl, mix together, and serve on romaine lettuce. Lettuce wraps are the perfect alternative for those trying to cut out bread from your diet!
YIELD: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 cups cubed (1/2 inch) cooked chicken (about 1 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 cups halved seedless red grapes
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6-8 romaine lettuce leaves
Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl until combined well. Scoop mixture into romaine lettuce leaves, wrap loosely, and enjoy!