Men Confess What Baffles Them Most About Women
BY TAYLOR WADE
ESTIMATED READING TIME: 4:12 MIN
Women have always been labeled as perplexing creatures. Why do they travel to the restroom in large groups? How do they ravel their hair into a spiral towel-cone after a shower? These brainteasers have haunted men for decades.
We thought it would be interesting (and humorous) to expose which womanly quirks really do leave men befuddled. So, we decided to dig into the most pop-culturally influential –– and most heavily trafficked –– website on the Internet today: Reddit.com. In this AskReddit thread, men share what baffles them most about women. Here’s our favorite responses…
1. “Towel-hats. I will pay $0,05 for the first woman to post a video of how they make one after drying their hair.”
2. “How can you take off your bra whilst keeping your t-shirt on? Baffles me every time I see it.”
3. “Everything is a trap.”
4. “Why in gods name it takes 10 minutes to change when they have one more piece of clothing to put on (bra). I can go from swimsuit to changed in about three minutes whereas women seem to take a small vacation to Narnia.”
5. “The need to explain where they got their clothes. Anytime a woman compliments another woman's clothing, she will respond with where she bought it and how much it cost. If there are pockets, this is also information that must be shared.”
To which another (female) Redditor replied:
“The main thing for pockets is that most the time, woman's pockets can't even hold a pair of hands, so it is quite convenient when the pants do.”
6. “Coming at me with problems looking to be consoled rather than getting a solution and fixing said problem:
Girlfriend: There’s a rusty nail sticking through my foot, it's making me feel sad.
Me: How about, go to the hospital and get the nail removed?
Girlfriend: You’re not listening! It's terrible and I want you to be there for me!"
7. “How going to the restroom is a group event.”
8. “Why must you go through every single isle at the store when all we came for was bacon!?”
To which another (male) Redditor replied:
“You go to the store TO get bacon. She goes to the store AND gets bacon. It's basically a trap.”
9. “Why don't women tell us what we did wrong. Seriously we don't know and we want to know.”
10. “When they have a nightmare about you and then punish you for it.”
11. "How women could give awesome compliments to each other, then go home and start making voodoo dolls."
12. "How does my significant other manage to get so much hair in the bathroom sink/hairbrush and still have hair in the head?"
13. "It's mesmerizing watching women apply makeup. How do you apply eye-liner without scribbling on your eyeball?"
14. "How many of them expect their boyfriend to be able to read their mind. My ex-girlfriend was mad at me because I didn't know she was hungry."
15. "Their definition of signals. Playing with hair, eye contact, etc. It's all so subtle. Girls think they're being obvious, but I have real difficulty picking up on their attempts to communicate interest."
16. "I'll lay something down in what seems to her to be a random place. I know where it is and remember two weeks later when I need it. Where is it? I gotta ask her. She tells me the special place that it has now and I go to retrieve it. She notes something akin to "What would you do without me?" or notes that I am constantly losing things...
I politely chuckle before I damn her to hell under my breath as I move towards the items assigned location.
I've lived with my Mom, my sister, and now with my wife. It's the same story.
I REMEMBER WHERE I PUT THINGS."
17. "When sleeping... How do you manage to get the covers over and under yourself at the same time so quickly? And why... dear god why do you need to either move across the entire bed and push me to the very edge or maneuver yourself diagonally?"
18. "How are you so cold when you're such a mother f***er inferno? Seriously. I've dreamt that I was being roasted in hell by satan only to wake up to find it's that tiny thing in bed."
Alas, this Redditor gets the gold for sweetest remark of the bunch. Can someone please find out who he is so we can find him a sweet gal?
19. "Their beauty. Seriously. I stare at any and all girls all the time in class. Looking at their figure, face, literally everything and am amazed. I wake up, change my shirt and go to class, the average girl puts in the same effort I would on a weekend night before going out. I'm awestruck." :)
DID YOU LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
A few times each month, we send out an email with the latest industry news, blog articles, and resources for smarter dating. We also notify you of events and venues in your city for planning the perfect date night. It’s basically our way of keeping in touch with you and developing open communication whether you're an Ambiance client or not. We never spam.