Timothy Ferriss, Author of the Four Hour Chef, has assembled a list from three wine experts to show you the top slow-carb wines: five white and five red. The experts include Spago wine director, Chris Miller, WinelibraryTV wine blogger, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Terroir co-owner, Paul Grieco.
What does 'slow-carb' mean?
Foods with a low glycemic index are considered slow carbs, which include most vegetables, whole grains, seeds, nuts, beans, peas and legumes. They do not cause a rapid elevation in blood sugar like most fast carbs. Fast carbs include breads, cereals, sugars, fruits and some starchy vegetables. Wines that are considered slow-carb have a low residual sugar level, making it perfect for your 1-2 glasses a night.
Ready for the list?
Chris Miller's Picks:
- Schloss Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner 2011 (Wine Searcher)
- Scarpetta Pinot Grigio 2010 (Wine Searcher)
- Domaine du Bagnol Cassis Rose 2011 (Wine Searcher)
- Paul Lato “Le Souvenir” Chardonnay 2009 (Wine Searcher)
- Larmandier-Bernier “Blanc de Blancs” Extra-Brut (Wine Searcher)
- Domaine de la Chapelle des Bois Beaujolais 2010 (Wine Searcher)
- Melville Estate Pinot Noir 2009 (Wine Searcher)
- Montevertine Le Pergole TorteToscana Rosso 2007 (Wine Searcher)
- Marques de Murrieta Rioja Gran Reserva 2001 (Wine Searcher)
- Abreu Rothwell Hyde Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 (Wine Searcher)
Gary Vaynerchuk's Picks:
- Eradus Sauvignon Blanc 2009 (Wine Searcher)
- Andre Neveu Sancerre Les Monts Damnes 2009 (Wine Searcher)
- Marimar Estate La Masia Chardonnay 2007 (Wine Searcher)
- Oliver Leflaive Meursault 2009 (Wine Searcher)
- Jean-Luc Chave Hermitage Blanc 2005 (Wine Searcher)
Paul Grieco's Picks:
- Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc 2010 (Wine Searcher)
- Abbazia di Novacella Sylvaner 2009 (Wine Searcher)
- Alice & Olivier De Moor Chablis Bel Air 2009 (Wine Searcher)
- Alzinger Riesling Federspiel Durnsteiner 2010 (Wine Searcher)
- Georges Vernay Condrieu Coteau du Vernon 2009 (Wine Searcher)
- Allegrini Palazzo della Torre Veronese 2008 (Wine Searcher)
- Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir 2009 (Wine Searcher)
- Kanonkop Paul Sauer 2006 (Wine Searcher)
- Bonny Doon Le Cigare Volant 2007 (Wine Searcher)
- Chateau Musar 2002 (Wine Searcher)
DID YOU LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
A few times each month, I send out an email about new articles from our blog, dating workshops, metro dating guides, cool events in your city, as well as special pieces of writing and any news about upcoming books or courses. It’s basically my way of keeping in touch with you and developing open communication whether you're an Ambiance client or not. I never spam.