Frequently Asked Questions
How does our matchmaking process work?
Nothing is computer generated. We use our 17 years of experience and intuition to determine quality matches for you. We guarantee that your matches will align with what we discuss in your interview. Again, this helps you save time, energy, and money with clearly defined goals and matching parameters.
How often will you meet your matches?
You will meet your matches once to twice per month. Our Member Coordinator, Janet Jackson (yes, that’s her real name!), will contact you with the details of your match, including name, occupation, appearance, why we think it’s a great match, and where you will be meeting.
Where do you meet your matches?
We make reservations at our partner restaurants to ensure you have a great first date experience. We have worked with these restaurants for years and years, so rest assured, you will be in great hands:) The reservation is listed under both first names (no need to mention Ambiance) and checks are brought separately. All you need to do is show up!
What happens after your match?
After your match, Janet will contact you to receive feedback and apply it to improving your matchmaking process. We are excited to hear what you liked about your match and what you’d like us to focus on for your next match. This part of the process is very enlightening for many of our members.
Can you put your membership on hold?
Yes! You can put your account on hold for as many times as you'd like during the duration of your membership. Normally, members call to tell us they liked their match, and would like to put their membership on hold so they can spend more time with that one person. This gives our members a good amount of time to see if this is someone with whom they’d like to spend their life. That is what dating is all about! The on-hold feature is also great for members who travel often.
Is dating advice offered?
Yes! We have in-house dating advisors with backgrounds in human relations, psychology and dating and relationship coaching. If at any point, you’d like to schedule an appointment, we will arrange it for you. You also have the support of Leslie and the Ambiance Matchmaking team. We are always here to help:)
What type of memberships are available?
Our memberships are typically for 12 months, with options for local, national, or international searches. All memberships include 1-2 matches per month, and 12 months hold-time.
What Makes Our Company Different?
1. We’ve been in business for 17 years and that’s allowed us to build one of the largest networks of singles in the industry.
2. Ambiance has its own search and recruit team (Ambiance Digital Recruitment™) that is recruiting daily for high-quality singles. These singles are hand-picked.
3. We are a smaller company so client membership fees go directly toward their search (unlike larger matchmakers who have to pay office rent, employee salaries, etc).
4. Our Matchmaker & Founder Leslie Wardman is directly involved in all matchmaking (unlike other matchmakers who charge a premium price for this feature).
What Is Your Most Popular Age Category?
30-49 years old, however, we have plenty of clients 50+ years.
Do You Have More Men Or Women?
We currently have 47% men and 53% women.
How Many People Have You Successfully Matched?
How Many People Have You Gotten Married?
In our 17 years of business, we received hundreds of wedding invitations. We wish we could attend them all!
How do you screen clients?
We perform background checks and in-depth interviews with each member.
How Do You Find Your Clients?
1. Private Matchmaking Network — Ambiance has selected 79 Matchmakers to join our Private Matchmaking Network that we built over the last 17 years. They are selected via a private invitation for maximizing searches.
2. Scouting — The Ambiance team scouts high-quality singles via events, galas, and professional networks formed from a combined 30+ years in the industry.
3. Ambiance Digital Recruitment™ — Our Ambiance Digital Recruitment™ system employs current technologies for searching singles via the world wide web. With this refined system, we are able to search all singles within a geographic location. It has quadrupled our success rate.
4. Castings — Ambiance Castings are included in our national and international packages. Castings are held in our client’s preferred location(s).
Do You Interview Everyone?
We do not share ANY information. Everything is strictly confidential.
How Do You Decipher A Good Match?
Leslie Wardman, Founder and Matchmaker, carefully matches clients based on their upbringing and background, current life circumstances, lifestyle and habits, energy and personality, and how they would look together.
What If I Meet "The One" On My First Match?
Consider it money well spent!
Do You Work With Gay Clients?
Do You Guarantee Love Or Marriage?
No, but we do assure that your matches will align with the information you provide in your interview.
Where are your locations?
We work with singles on local, national, and international levels, with a primary focus on specific regions, including the United States and Mexico. Within these areas, our matchmakers put more time and energy into building networks of high-quality singles.
Do You Require All Clients To Have A College Degree?
No. Some of our most successful clients don't have their degrees.
Do You Show Photographs?
Only to VIP Members.
How Long Have You Been Matchmaking?
17 years with over 30,000 interviews.
How Did You Start Matchmaking?
Leslie began working as the National Director for a world-renowned matchmaking agency in the 1990s. After many years of experience, she decided to launch Ambiance Matchmaking in 2002.
How Many Employees Do You Have?
What If I Move?
We will still work with you!
Can I Transfer My Membership?
Only VIP Members can transfer their memberships.
Do You Ever Recruit Outside Of Your Database?
Yes, we recruit for high-quality singles on a daily basis!